Friday, October 14, 2011

For my two greatest friends.

"A pair of powerful spectacles has sometimes sufficed to cure a person in love. " 
 -Nietzsche      
Tomorrow at four o'clock, two beautiful people will be taken off of the market. Though, science hasn't yet produced a lens so fined-tuned as to find flaws in this couple.

Those who know, know. Ben and Krista are some of the brightest and most pleasant people to be around. (Seriously, I don't do well in the company of others, this is a huge compliment.) I couldn't think of two better people to be trapped in an elevator with. And tomorrow is their big day.

So I raise a toast to thee, intrepid lovers. A toast via blogger. I would wish you happiness, but I know you have found it. I would gift you fulfillment, if it wasn't inanimate. In the (relatively) short time that we have known each other, I have felt a very strong connection to both of you. It is uncommon for me to meet two uncommon people so perfectly matched for each other. I'd say that it is a blessing but, well, you know...

From sharing yogurt to sharing evenings, there has been much that you two have taught me about life. From the moment I met you two, I have felt welcomed in your presence, and I thank you. You may not read this for a few days, I understand (though I cannot imagine why you aren't giving me full attention t-21 hours from your wedding). But nonetheless, I hope you receive this heartfelt message: I love both of you and am not only happy to see the both of you getting married, but honored to be even a small part of your life.  Here is to a wonderful union, with the occasional visit from your favorite band minor.

With love and scorn for Krista,
















-Michael

No comments:

Post a Comment